Ten Skincare Tips For The Festive Season
The first of December is growing ever closer and, with it, the countdown to Christmas. During this festive period many of us are busy shopping for the perfect present, spending time with family and friends, and making plans, so it is more than easy to forget your skin. During the winter season, good skincare is important to ensure that your skin stays looking radiant and youthful. So we've put together our top ten tips and tricks for the festive season.
1. Top of your to-do list throughout Christmas should be moisturising, to ensure that you skin stays plump and hydrated. During the winter the air becomes cooler and drier, which means our skin becomes drier too. We often aggravate this by turning up indoor heating, which only sucks further moisture from our skin. However little time you, make sure you still apply an ultra-hydrating moisturiser everyday, like the Space Anti-Age Day Cream and repeat with a nourishing night cream in the evening. Remember dry skin only makes wrinkles look more pronounced!
2. If you find that your skin is really dry during the winter months then consider adding a serum to your routine, particularly at night. Serum are great because they usually contain more active ingredients and they are able to penetrate deeper into the skin. Most serums are designed to target specific problems such as dullness, ageing skin or dryness. Try The Y Theorem Repair Serum for an extra moisture boost.
3. Already planning that perfect make-up look for Christmas or New Years? Make sure to invest in a primer beforehand, which will help blur away fine lines, imperfections and blemishes, help your make-up to go on more smoothly and ensure that it stays put all evening long.
4. This festive season no doubt your diary is already packed with social events, drinks with friends and family gathering, but dark circles are often the downside to all the fun you'll be having. If you can't pack enough beauty sleep into your busy routine then make sure you treat dark circles with a brightening and lifting eye cream like the Space Defence Bright Eye Lift Gel
5. Make sure your lipstick looks great by properly prepping with a lip liner. The trick is to line apply the liner to your whole lip, not just to line the outside of your mouth. This will help the colour stay put, as well as preventing colour bleeding into fine lines around your mouth. If you're wearing a pale or nude lip colour, then look for a lip liner that's close to your natural lip colour or a transparent one.
6. Sculpt and define your face with the help of a matte bronzer and an angled brush. Apply the bronzer under your cheekbones, near you hairline, to accentuate the natural contours of your face, and then apply your usual blusher on the top. If you're nervous when it comes to applying colour, then start off slowly and gradually build up coverage
7. If your skin's in need of a quick fix then try a face mask. The Bio Cellulose Facial Treatment Mask combines three potent ingredients, Arbutin, Silk Amino Acids and Centella Asiatica, and delivers them deep into the skin so after 20 minutes your complexion looks visibly brighter, more hydrated and plump.
8. Boost your skin's natural radiance with a highlighter. They come in lots of different forms and shades, so you can pick the best one for your skin type and skin colour. Apply along the tops of your cheekbones, done your nose and to the temples for a subtle, shimmering glow. If you're wearing s strapless or low-cut top then swipe along your collarbones for emphasis.
9. A glowing complexion is the perfect base for your festive make-up look, and you can easily achieve this by making sure you exfoliate on a regular basis. The Lift Off Exfoliating Cleanser is formulated with three deep-cleansing, non-irritating acids which gently slough off dead skin cells and improve circulation.
10. Enjoy yourself! When you're feeling happy and relaxed, your skin always looks at it's best.